The BoA 80 weekend, Friday 26th – Sunday 28th May 2023
- Unveiling of a new national memorial at Our Lady and St Nicholas Church.
- Unveiling of a poignant light installation, Atlantic Lights, on the shores of the Mersey.
- A military village on the Mersey waterfront with 1940s music and entertainment.
- Royal Navy and Merchant Navy vessels in the Mersey, open for visitors.
- Flypasts by the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight as well as Seafire and Swordfish aircraft.
- A concert by HM Royal Marines Band at Liverpool’s Philharmonic Hall. Tickets here: https://www.liverpoolphil.com/whats-on/all-shows/his-majestys-royal-marines-band-in-concert/5543
- Events at Liverpool, Wallasey, and Bootle Town Halls. More info: https://battleoftheatlantic.org/boam-events/
- Family and veterans’ days at the Western Approaches Museum. More info: https://liverpoolwarmuseum.co.uk/visiting/explore/
- A March of the Medals, including the families of those who served.
- A drumhead ceremony at Pier Head on Sunday 28th
- There are 10 places for members of the Association to attend a commemorative black-tie dinner with pre-dinner drinks at the Cunard building with 1940s-style entertainment before Musicians from HMRM band will then escort diners as they make the short walk to the formal commemorative dinner, at the neighbouring Crowne Plaza hotel consisting of a three-course dinner and ½ bottle of wine per guests. Speeches by special guests, including First Sea Lord Admiral Sir Ben Key KCB CBE, with contributions from BOA80 veterans. Please contact the office if you are interested. The price is £40 per head.
- More here: https://battleoftheatlantic.org/